Recently, one of our customers asked us to reset its Hana SYSTEM user password. There are several articles on the Internet regarding how to reset HANA SYSTEM User password, but most of them are not working due to Hana Platform version difference. Here I listed the steps just work for me.
Prerequisites : You need have password of <SID>ADM user.
- Login to your HANA host using <SID>adm user. If you do not have password of <SID>adm user then you can use root like user to reset <SID>adm password at OS level.
- Stop the HANA database by using command "./HDB stop".
- Now we will start Name server and Compiler server in batch mode.
- Execute command hdbnameserver & and press enter to get the shell prompt again.
- Execute command hdbcompileserver & and press enter to get the shell prompt again.
- Now we will start index server to reset SYSTEM password by executing the following commands:hdbindexserver -resetUserSystem
Update password in HANA studio
SYSTEM User password cannot use character "~", or it will show password error during login.