Recently, one of our customer want to use office 365 in SBO mailer service. Exchange will check the SBO user’s email address to see if it match the email address setup in SBO mailer service, if it doesn’t match, the authentication will be failed. (Google work app wont have this issue) and you will see the following error message in application event center.
Here is our solution to allow SAP business One Mailer service send Email by using a common Office 365 business Email address to represent all SAP users’ respective Email addresses.
What you have to do is give the Email address you setup in SBO mailer service the “Send as” permission under all those SBO user’s email addresses in office 365 exchange setup.
Step 1: Log in Office 365 web with admin account
- Login with Office 365 admin account and password.
- Choose Admin
Step 2: Edit user account Exchange properties
- Go to Users – Active users, and choose the user you want to be represented by the common Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click Username, and choose Edit Exchange properties
Step 3: Setup Mailbox delegation
- In user Exchange properties page, go to mailbox delegation.
- Add the common Email authenciated in SAP Business One mailer service to send Email
SAP Business One Mailer service
Here is the SAP Business One Mailer service setup
After the setup, all alert will use this common Email address (email@example.com) as the sender’s address, other Email will use sap user’s Email address as the sender’s.
Usually those sent emails won’t show up in firstname.lastname@example.org’s sent mailbox. (this is the function of most Email client. SBO mailer dont have it) . You can add a transportation rule in office 365 to bcc the sent emails back to email@example.com for your records