How much does SAP Business One cost?
SAP Business One has two different price models.
- On premise (purchase licenses one time and pay annual maintenance fees)
- Subscription (pay a monthly subscription for use of the system)
Readers of our website frequently ask how much does SAP Business One implementation cost? That depends on your implementation as there are many variables to factor into the cost.
1. Number of Users
You might have a few or several employees, but how many need access to SAP Business One on a daily basis? We will assess your business processes to understand your daily operations and employees' duties to optimize your company’s investment.
2. Type of Licenses
Professional Licenses or Limited Licenses: If you have 10 or more users or want to utilize the full functionality of SAP Business One, you have to choose these two licenses.
- Professional Licenses have access to all SAP Business One features, which can be restricted if necessary through user authorizations.
- Limited Licenses, there are three limited license types available: Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Logistics, and Financials. The three specialized license types are geared to specific user roles, so you don't have to overpay for your employees to gain access to SAP Business One. Employees will only be able to access functions related to their work, which also reduces time and effort spent on configuring user authorizations.
SAP Business One Starter Pack Licenses: This type of license is good for small businesses with 1 to 5 users. It is a "lite" version of SAP Business One and includes accounting, sales orders, item management and purchasing but not service or manufacturing.
On premises: Each license must belong a named user. You buy your licenses ONCE - then pay 20% annual maintenance on your total license cost. On average, a Professional license is $3300, and a Limited license is $1700 and starter package licenses is $1400. All license fees have to be paid upfront by cash, check, ACH.
On Cloud: Each license must belong a named user. A monthly cost per license that is prepaid annually for a one year commitment. SAP Business One services will be hosted on a public cloud with security protection. You can choose either a Professional license for $180 per user/month or a Limited license for $130 per user/month.
A free book covers everything you need to know about SAP Business One
3. Systems Infrastructure
Before SAP Business One implementation, we will determine your existing systems infrastructure and advise you on whether you have adequate hardware and software for your user requirements, or whether you should purchase any new hardware or software.
- Server: You will need a server to support a robust software such as SAP Business One, which can be located on-premise, co-located at a data center or deployed in the cloud.
- Workstations: This is a unique cost consideration for startups who are just beginning, or businesses that are looking to grow their staff. Most office-based businesses have at least one personal computer available per employee, which can be used to access SAP Business One.
- Network: You will need a stable Local Area Network (LAN) connection with adequate bandwith, and a static IP address in order to set up remote access to SAP Business One. SAP Business One version 9.2 gives you browser access, so this step may no longer be necessary.
- Software: You should also have security and backup software to protect your data. Let us know the software you have installed, and our consultants will determine if you require additional software or can user SAP Business One with your current systems.
On premises: Usually it is your responsibility to setup the system infrastructure.
On Cloud: The infrastructure system is included in your monthly subscription cost.
- Implementation: Your implementation costs depend on your business processes and requirements—including the number of modules to be activated and configured, any additional add-ons you opt for, and customization.
- Training: Is your staff familiar with SAP Business One and ERP systems? You will have to determine how much training your staff will need, if any.
- Support: SAP Business One implementations typically include a support package, with a specified amount of on-site support, phone support, and email support available to you and your employees per year. Support hours will be utilized accordingly to solve any problems you may experience, patch fixes, backing up or restoring your data, or for further configurations after implementation.
- Maintenance: SAP Business One and third-party solution addons charge a fixed rate as a percentage of license costs, which are necessary to keep SAP software working optimally. It also includes extra labor costs for partners to upgrade SAP Business One and addons.
Usually the customer takes care of the network setup.
Costs to get your software installed and configured, your data migrated, and your employees trained are included in our implementation services. MTC Consulting offers SAP Business One implementation, re-implementation, training, and support services through our implementation and support agreements. On average, our services pricing is $185 per hour. If you choose to prepay for a block of service hours, we can offer a lower rate.
Need a quote? Please contact us!
Leave a comment